Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Possibilities, not impossibilities!



Luke 18:27 - "The things which areimpossible with men are possible with God".

Why is it that the mountains in our life often seem impossible to overcome? Why do we so often not reach for the higher goal, something that would stretch us beyond our limits?

Precisely that: we see limitations.  A limitation is like a fence, whether an immovable stone wall, a chain link fence, or deadly razor wire. It keeps us inside, while we see other people operating outside of our fence.

We tell ourselves we are being realistic. But are we? We personally are the ones who have set the limits. We based them on past words and experiences, and decided that was as far as we could go.

But God has a bigger plan for us! He gives us a hope and a future. These are things beyond our personal limitations, outside our fences, beyond what we think we can achieve. The fences have to go!

Our fences are based on our past.  God tells us to leave the past behind. Instead, reaching forward to grasp hold of the future he has planned for us!

Philippians 3:13-14 "Brethren I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

"Lord, please forgive me for setting low goals, when you have set all kinds of possibilities before me. Help me to demolish everything that stands in the way between me and your plans for me. I believe that all things are possible with you. I renounce my unbelief! Thank you Jesus! Amen".

.

No comments: